Foundation Failure Warning Signs
If you are experiencing foundation settlement or heaving, cracked and buckled walls, or uneven floors, it is important to deal with the issue before the structure is damaged further.
There could be structural damage you can't even see behind the dirt or finished walls. If you find major issues like we have outlined below - it's time to bring in some professional help.
There are several warning signs that indicate you need foundation repair because of failure. Walk around the inside and outside of your building and look for the following indications of foundation failures or problems:
Some common foundation symptoms to look for:
- Cracks in exterior foundation walls
- Bowed foundation walls (Walls pushing inward)
- Windows and doors that stick
- Cracks in foundation walls
- Cracks in interior sheetrock walls and ceilings
- Sunken interior floors
- Foundation wall cracks
- Stair step cracks between bricks
- Floors not level or sloping
- Cracks in the floor or tile
- Basement floor is sunken
- Basement leaks
- Gaps between brick and window or wall frames
- Spacing between a door or window and its frame is inconsistent
Sometimes it can be a simple remedy, other times it may require more extensive repairs.
Foundation Cracks Can Tell The Story
Here are some examples of what could be going on with your foundation just by looking at the cracks in a foundation wall.